Sunday, October 12, 2008

Smile for the camera. . .

I have always commented that Penelope is all girl. She has always loved pretty dresses, dancing, babies, flirting, etc. You should see it when the characters on her favorite movies kiss or when the prince arrives on the scene. Never was there a happier litle girl! Oh, and every prince is Daddy, of course. My favorite is when she starts giggling and says "They kiss," in her sweet little voice. But somehow, my girly-girl has not mastered the picture smile. She was dressing up in her dress ups the other day and I wanted to get a cute picture. This is what she did when I asked her to smile for me.

Not exactly what I had in mind.

Here is a little video of her walking in her princess shoes. She loves to hear the "click" of the shoes on the floor. I wish you all could see her on Sunday mornings when we put on her pretty dress shoes. As soon as her feet hit the floor, she starts dancing. Clickety, click, click, click.


8 comments:

Jana said...

Oh yes... I love this. It totally reminds me of when we did pur fairy princess dress ups. Do you remember that? Me you and Minz? I looked like a drag queen, and I think you were thinking what have i gotten myself into? cause it was before you two were married.fun times. I sure do miss you guys. Wish you were closer.

Ashlie said...

That is simply a foreign world to me! So cute!

Melinda said...

That face is cracking me up! Oh man! I'm so glad that she is a girly girl. That's my favorite. :) I hope my little one is that way too.

Stephanie Kay said...

haha, cute. She's a doll. I love her "smiley" face. She's so cute.

JaNeil said...

Cute smile. Lane is also in a stage of smiling weird. Usually with his eyes closed. At least we have moved past the posing stage.

JaNeil said...

The books were a big hit. He also enjoyed using them at church. The only complaint I have is how the magnets are stored. I wish they had used a little zipper bag like they did with the markers on the other book. The storage place for the magnets opens in a funny direction and you have to sort them to put them away. I think I probably end up using a baggie and clipping it to the book somehow. Also we lost two magnets in the care and are still searching for them. Hopefully they turn up or Lane won't know I and P.

Suelyn said...

So cute!! I'm so glad I found your blog! Gwen... do you remember that time that someone (I actually don't remember who) was getting married and you played with all of us kids outside the temple on some hill. Wow, that was pretty vague but maybe you'll remember anyway. It's been so long since I have seen you guys! Your little princess is a doll!!!

Anonymous said...

woah! That is how I walk in heals too. I love the way they look. Hate the way they feel.