Sunday, March 24, 2013

Kid update

Penelope played her first note on the viola yesterday. It took her 2 months to get there but it was so great! She has been working really hard. I need to get a little video of her playing her "D." Such a little thing but still so much fun. Penelope is also in a little group called "Strings 'N Things." They performed "I am a Child of God" at a community Easter concert a couple of Sundays ago and Penelope got to do a little solo. She sang the first verse by herself and I was so impressed that she just stepped up to the mic when it was time and sang just like we had practiced. Strings 'N Things is doing a benefit concert on May 9th. The younger kids, including Penelope, are doing 3 or 4 singing numbers and then we will have a variety of violin/viola pieces and other singing pieces. ( am so excited for my part. I get to sing "Pie Jesu" with the violins.)

Eleanor is just waiting for the day when she can start taking viola too. She brought the ukulele up to me the other day so I could help her put it under her chin like I do for Penelope's viola. She and I are starting to work on pre-school stuff at home and she is looking forward to being in real pre-school next fall.

We moved Sullivan to a big-boy bed about 2 weeks ago and he loves it! I think he sleeps better than he did in his crib. This week is spring break and I am going to try potty training with him this week while I have nothing else going on. Everyone fingers crossed!!
Sullivan's favorite thing right now is being a super hero. He "flies" around the house in his cape that Grandma gave him shooting bad guys and talking about his powers. The other day I was on the floor being his horse. He climbed on and then almost immediately, hopped back off, grabbed his gun and put it in his waistband on his pants. He then swaggered back over to me, cowboy style, hopped back on my back, said "giddy-up" in a low, gravely voice and then jumped back off before I could even move; shooting bad guys. It is so much fun to have a boy.
 Of course, this happens a lot too.
  It must be because he has 2 older sisters that love to dress up.

2 comments:

Stephanie Kay said...

They are soo cute and getting so big! And your house looks awesome too. I love all the re-doing of things you do..looks great.

Morgan said...

What cute kids! Can't wait to see you guys again.