Sunday, September 13, 2009

Glacier

Morgan and his wife, Katie, came to visit us last weekend. They were only here for a few days, but we had a great time. We finally made it over to Glacier National Park. Janet and John and their three boys came with us. Our first stop was St. Mary's Lake for a picnic. It was beautiful. I couldn't believe how clear and cold the water was. When we first got there it was raining, but it turned out to be a beautiful day.

Penelope had such a great time throwing rocks in the water like the boys. I had so much fun playing with Katie's new camera. Newlyweds are so cute.

Eleanor wanted to get in the water too. :)

I love this picture of my family. Too bad I'm in it. I was not thinking about taking pictures that day. I was thinking hiking; I don't need to do my hair. It also doesn't help that I have Morgan's monstrous fleece on either. Oh well. . . everyone else is adorable.

Eleanor just makes me smile.
We went on a couple of small hikes while we were there. Morgan got to carry Penelope for me because of Aaron's knee, and I carried Eleanor. I could hardly see over Eleanor's head. It was a little strange to hike without being able to see your feet. Next time I will definitely need the backpack for her. (I wasn't planning on packing Penelope around but she wasn't feeling well, so we carried her too.)The whole crew.I had to put this picture in because Penelope squealed like the little girl that she is when the water sprayed on her and Janet just laughed and laughed at that. Janet has 3 boys. And lastly, here is a gorgeous picture of wild goose island. We would be more than happy to visit Glacier again with any of you who decide to come visit. :) Thanks Morgan and Katie for a great time.

3 comments:

JaNeil said...

Glacier is so pretty. I have been there once as a kid. I also have been on the Canada side of the park when I was in college.

Stephanie Kay said...

oh that looks like it was so much fun! I wish i could have come! everyone looks so good.

Melinda said...

What an awesome place to visit! We will definitely have to go there when we come to visit. Hopefully we can come soon. Or maybe you want to come to SLC so you can shop ;). I would totally love that. It's hard for me to get much for myself when I go with Garrett and Addy these days. It would be so nice to got with just girls and spend some quality time in the malls. :o) Anyway cute pictures. That must me a nice camera. The one's that I could click on where awesome. I want a nice new SLR camera. I keep begging Garrett to get me one. Maybe for my birthday.