Thursday, May 07, 2009

Utah

We had such a great time in Utah this last week. We went for Morgan, Katie and Stephanie's college graduation and ended doing a lot of other fun things too. We went to Hogle Zoo with Grandma, Angela and Cael and Maliyah, Eva and Josh and Stephanie. We had a great time.
After the zoo we drove to Vernal to see Christa and her new baby Annabelle. Annabelle was only a few hours old when we got to see her so that was great. We stayed the night in Vernal at Ma'am and Papa's house and enjoyed visiting with Melinda and Garrett and Jana and her boys. Then we drove to Logan the next day and spent the next couple of nights at Penny and Jeff's house. It was so fun to see the older cousins playing with the younger cousins. Can't wait to get together again.Eleanor didn't get much out of the zoo, but she liked being there anyway. It was such a beautiful day.We caved and let Penelope ride the carousel. She loved it, of course. Yes, we had Penelope on a leash at the zoo. She loved it and we had peace of mind. Of course, before I had kids I made fun of people like me. :)Isabelle (Penny's youngest) holding Eleanor. Penelope holding the new kittens at Penny and Jeff's house.


Josh (Eva's little boy) giving Penelope some love. Shortly after this picture they both tumbled to the ground, still hugging. Penelope wasn't quite sure what to think of that.Katie (Penny's 2nd child) with Eleanor. Katie was so patient playing with Penelope. She was great!Isabelle and Josh, Katie and Penelope.

5 comments:

JaNeil said...

I have been thinking about getting a leash for my boys. How long is your strap. The one I found at Wal-Mart is only 4 feet. I am also afraid that Lane will just unbuckle his since he is doing that with his carseat now. It might be good for Owen though. He is my wanderer. I have been debating on bringing a stroller. It seems like Owen wants to walk most of the time especially somewhere like the zoo.

Melinda said...

It was good seeing you guys. We're sad we didn't see more of you. Hmm, and no pictures with our family. Sad.

Gwen said...

I know, I was sad that I didn't get any pictures with the Heaton clan either. As soon as I downloaded the pics from my camera I realized we didn't get any.

Tiff said...

Sounds like you had a good time in Utah. Maybe one of these years we can coordinate to vacation there at the same time. Did you get to see April?

triplej said...

The leash thing is killing me...I used to make fun of parents with kids on the leash too...We are headed to Thomas the train in Heber this weekend and guess what?...Two leashes. My youngest and middle child have no fear and I FEAR they will wander away, so the cute backpack leashes are our friends!