We had such a great time in Seattle this past week. We rented a condo and split the expense with Dan and JaNeil and their family. JaNeil and I went to a continuing education course together two of the days, (which was great), and the rest of the time we saw all of the sights. Penelope had a great time with Lane and Owen and was asking for them for days after we got home. She also does a really good impression of "silly uncle Dan." Overall, a great trip and I took so many pictures. The only thing I didn't get pictures of was the Museum of Flight, (the dads took the kids while the moms were at the course).
The day we arrived in Seattle, we had to kill a little time before we could get into the condo we were renting, so Tom Tom found a mall for us to go to. At first we were a little disappointed because it looked a little deserted, but then we happened upon this awesome childrens museum. There were so many fun things for the kids to play with, and the dad's had some fun too. :)
Eleanor had a good time feeling the different textures of the rugs in the baby and toddler area.
Lane and Penelope at the Seattle Zoo.
I had a hard time getting Penelope to pause long enough to get a picture.
Our family at Pike Place Market. This window had a great view of Puget Sound, but you can't really tell from the picture. We bought the girls these matching hats at the market.
This restaurant in Pike Place was in the Sleepless In Seattle movie. The restaurant had little plaques on the counter where Tom Hanks and (I forget the other guy's name) sat in the movie. We were sitting by the entrance and we had a big window that looked out into the market. It was kind of fun to sit there and people watch.
This is a shot of Puget Sound from the aquarium. My favorite part of the aquarium was the dome where you could see the fish swimming all around you. I could have stayed there for hours watching them swim. I also really loved watching the sea horses swim. The kids liked seeing the fish that looked like Nemo and the scubadiver who was cleaning one of the tanks. The guy gave each of the kids a "high-five" from inside of the tank. They thought that was really cool.
Daddy and Penelope getting attacked by an octopus at the aquarium.
We had such a great time. Thanks to Dan and JaNeil for planning everything and changing their original plans to include us. Hopefully we can do it again soon.
2 comments:
How are your girls? Lane is finally not coughing all night, but now Owen and I have his cold minus the coughing at night, for now. We had a great time and we should definitely do it again. I told Dan we should start saving now to go to San Francisco or San Diego next year or the next year.
Like I said on Dan and JaNeil's blog Cute pictures! I'm sad I couldn't click on yours to see them up close. But I still enjoyed experiencing your trip through your blog. It looks like you had a great time! :)
Post a Comment