Friday, August 22, 2008

Big Girl

So, I finally got around to painting Penelope's room, which meant that we could set up her twin bed with her new bedding, etc. As we were setting up the bed we were debating whether we should continue to have her sleep in the crib and get used to having the bed in the room or whether we should just make the switch. Well, she was having so much fun on the bed once we got it set up that we went ahead and took the crib down and put it away until it will be needed for the new babe. So, bedtime came around and Aaron and I were kind of nervous that we were going to have a bad night, but to our total surprise we put her to bed like we would normally do when she slept in the crib and she didn't make another sound. Out like a light. I couldn't believe it. It was the easiest transition we have ever made. Nothing like the night we made her sleep in the crib or when we got rid of the bottles. Easy! She did end up falling out of bed the first night at around 2 am, but she went right back to bed once we checked on her. (The bed is only 1 foot off of the ground thankfully.) Anyway, I am so proud of my big girl.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Penelope is so big! It is fun to see how they change in just a few months.

Ashlie said...

Way to jinx yourself Gwen . . . ;)

JaNeil said...

I hope that she continues to like her bed. We are so excited to come see you the beginning of October. I am doing my CEUs through the mail this year and when we do this he also will pay for a couple nights stay somewhere. I figured why not Montana. We will get the hotel nights in Missoula, gas, and some of my meals paid for. Yippee!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sounds like she is ready to be a big sister!

Melinda said...

Oh that's awesome. I'm glad it went so smoothly. Sad that she is getting so grown up though. It's just too fast.