Penelope and I spent Thanksgiving at my parent's house in Wyoming. My Mom really wanted a new family picture, since there were three additions in the past year, so everyone came, except Aaron. (He had to work, of course.) There were 35 of us. 17 grandchildren, and Penelope is not even the youngest. There are 2 that are younger than her. It was a lot of fun but it was also very noisy and busy.
One of my sisters bought a pinata and the kids had a lot of fun breaking it. Penelope thought it was great fun, until it fell to the ground and then she started crying. She just couldn't believe that anyone would be that mean to such a cute animal. (When the pinata was in the house, waiting for it's fate, Penelope would walk by and growl at it and then giggle.)
Penelope really missed her Daddy while we were gone, but she found substitutes. She really loved her uncle John (in the picture), uncle Morgan and Grandpa.
It was a very nice trip, but we are glad to be home. Oh we had a chance to see Christa and Bianca while we were in Salt Lake. I wanted to see Carey too, but I didn't want to make her feel obligated to come and see me, especially since baby is coming soon. Anyway, I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Thursday, November 29, 2007
Thanksgiving in Wyoming
Posted by Dr. E at 8:38 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
are you guys coming for xmas? please!
Oh my sweet penny. I just want to kiss her cheeks. She's getting a little chubbier in the face. I love it! I'm sad i won't see you guys for a long time.
I wish we could come for Christmas, but I am afraid we cannot. Aaron will have to work. We may be coming in March or May though because it looks like my little brother is getting married. They haven't made it official yet, but we should know soon when they are getting married and maybe we can arrange to see you all then. Unless, of course, you would all rather come to El Paso for Christmas. It is beautiful here that time of year.
Dan really likes to have everyone together especially around the holidays. Let us know when you are coming for Morgan's wedding and maybe we can plan a trip to Utah at the same time. You look great in the family picture. Have you lost weight?
We received your card yesterday...on Dan and Janeil's blog I typed a little song of joy in my comment because when I saw their card I got excited because I knew I would be seeing them soon...but when I saw your card, with Penny's cute face, I just wanted to sing a sad, sad song...like "I'll ha-a-ve a bluuuue Christmas without yooooooou"! Remember when you two busted that out? Oh good times. Come home soon!!!
That was such a long time ago. I think we had only been married a year, or maybe 6 months. I'm surprised you remember that. The funny part is that it was totally spontaneous. It wouldn't have been half as funny if we had planned it.
Well, we will miss you all too. Wish we could be there.
Post a Comment