Sunday, October 27, 2013

Extreme Pumpkin Carving

I don't think Aaron can ever do anything the way "normal" people do. And I mean that in the absolutely best way possible. Morgan actually told us that he never really liked carving pumpkins before but the way Aaron does it is so much fun.
Sure, it looks pretty normal here, but we're just getting started.

 The appearance of the first power tool.
 
 And now, the blowtorch. Yes. I said blowtorch.
 And the vampire teeth enter the picture.
Notice the creepiness that the blowtorch added to Sullivan's pumpkin?
Yeah, we don't do silly pumpkins in our house. Only super creepy jack-o-lanterns.
 My powertool-loving boys.
 See the concentration on Sullivan's face? He should know how to run the blowtorch next year.
So this lovely spider pumpkin has plastic vampire teeth, nails for eyes and cornstalks from the garden for legs with wires for the joints on the legs. Pretty cool right?
 I call these two the vampire frog and the pirate.
 Sullivan's "creepy guy", Morgan's I have no idea, and my ghost.
 Another of Morgan's creations and the creepiest of all the pumpkins which is Aaron's.
 Yes, those are screws in the mouth and eyeballs. I might have to cover this one at night.
 Penelope's pumpkin on the left and Eleanor's "pirate princess" on the right.
 

1 comments:

Lisa said...

eeek!! I bet the kids loved it! way to use the pumpkins and make memories!