Monday, October 22, 2012

6 Years Old

Penelope's birthday was yesterday. I can't believe she is 6. On Saturday night as I was tucking her in to bed I told her "This is your last day of being 5." She loved that idea and immediately told me "And tomorrow will be my first day of being 6." After I wrapped her presents on Saturday she saw them on the table and was so excited that she ran up and gave me a hug and I thought she was going to cry she was so happy.
We started the morning with a stack of pancakes and a candle. (She let us sing Happy Birthday 3 times that day.) I remembered the melting candles of last year and actually let the pancakes cool a bit before I stuck the candle in. :)
As soon as Daddy woke up, Penelope opened her presents. Sullivan and Eleanor were happy to assist.
I decided to do cupcakes instead of a cake this year. She loved it.

And she got to take cupcakes to school today and requested spider cupcakes. One of the benefits of having your birthday close to Halloween I guess.  
I asked Penelope if she had a good birthday and she said yes. But then she added "But my best birthday ever was when I was turning 5 and Ma'am and Papa were here." So sweet!

0 comments: