A few years ago we had to turn Penelope's door knob around because she kept locking herself in her room and we got tired of taking the door knob off to get her out. Well, we never changed it back.
Tonight as I was getting the girls ready for bed, Eleanor went out, locked the door and came back in and closed it. Yep. All 4 of us locked in the girls' room and Aaron not getting off work until 1 a.m.... With no prompting from me, sweet little Penelope immediately started praying so we could find a way to get out while I searched the room for things to help take the hinges off or unscrew the door knob. 45 minutes later I kicked a hole through the door then reached through and unlocked it. Not something I ever thought I would have to do. So tonight I am very grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who listened to my sweet little girls prayer. . . . and hollow doors. :)
(I had to put a blanket through the hole so they could sleep and so Aaron wouldn't wake them when he came home.)
4 comments:
It is just as funny reading it here. Love it. Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks. It sounds like Eleanor will get along really well with josh and Noah. :)
This same thing happened to me. I'm laughing, but I'm also so sorry. I had to call a neighbor to come through my back door and let me out.
i wish i could've seen you kung fu the door! darn kids!
CRAZY!! I am so glad you guys got out.
Post a Comment