Friday, December 24, 2010

End in Sight

I had an appointment with my OB on Wednesday and everything looks great. She asked me what I wanted to do if I went past my due date. I was very quick to answer, "be induced." So she gave me the option of being induced on January 5th or the 14th. Would anyone really choose to go 1 week past their due date? Anyway, if I don't go into labor naturally before then, I will be induced on the 5th. I love that there is an actual end in sight, but I am really hoping this baby just comes next week and then I won't have to worry about being induced. I am ready for labor but I am not so sure I am ready for the baby that comes with it.
Oh, and how wrong would it be to take down the Christmas decorations on Christmas day? Too soon? :) I would love to get the house all cleaned up before the baby comes. I guess I could hold off until Monday. We'll see.

2 comments:

angie said...

congrats on a date! the end drags so slow! i took Christmas decor down the day of last year... i was just sick of it. so go for it!!! i miss you guys. wish we all lived closer to each other.

Lisa said...

Nah! Just take down the tree! You'll be glad you did! especially if your hopes come true :)