Thursday, March 04, 2010

Sew Fun

The girls and I went to Cokeville for about 10 days while Aaron was in Georgia for some training. We had a great time with Grandma and Angela and her kids. We also went over to Logan to see my siblings who live there. We spent some time at Amanda and Trent's house and the girls really enjoyed playing with Adrianne's toys. We stayed with Stephanie for a couple of days and we went out to Penny and Jeff's house. Penelope and Eleanor loved playing with Isabelle and Katy and it was a nice break for me because from the time we got to Penny's house Isabelle and Katy just took over and played with the girls the whole time. It is so nice to have nieces old enough to watch my girls and not worry about them.

While in Cokeville, I had the opportunity to try out my Mom's embroidery machine and do a little sewing. I made the girls hooded towels, 2 nightgowns for Penelope and 2 pajama pants for Eleanor. The embroidery machine was so cool and I really wanted to find another reason to use it. I'll have to think something up so when I visit this summer I will have an excuse to use it again.
Penelope loves her nightgowns. She would wear them every night if they never had to be washed. It is like wearing a dress to bed, and she loves dresses.Eleanor's pj pants
Can you see the little embroidered bees on the strawberry print? They are so cute!




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute! Next time you go make my boys some things! :)

big MAK said...

So cute! We wish we were there so we could have seen you guys ;( Hope all is well! Are you coming out for the reunion?

Melinda said...

Hooded towels are the best thing ever! Good job with your sewing projects they turned out great. :)

JaNeil said...

I want an embroidery machine. What about blankets or canvas bags next time?

Stephanie Kay said...

very cute!

triplej said...

Darling!! Great job! glad you had a nice visit and anyone with kids know that hooded towels are the B-E-S-T!