Penelope has just started scowling at us. It is so funny. When she is mad at me she bunches her little eyebrows together and squits her eyes a little. The bad part is that I know she gets it from me because that's what I do when she is in trouble. This pictures is only a little taste of her scowl. This is a kind of, what are you holding, scowl. You should see it when she is really mad.
We have started potty training and it is going pretty well. We got out the potty because I was going to start trying when she was 18 months but she was interested in it and so I put her on and she started peeing! It is kind of a hit and miss during the day but every morning this week she has woken up dry and I immediately put her on the potty and she does her business. I need to get some training pants for her, diapers are just way too good at absorbing. Anyway, I am hoping she will continue to do well with the potty. She seems to like it now.
Penelope is my little helper. I had her help me pick up all of the pine cones in the front yard one day and now whenever she sees a pine cone out in the yard she has to pick it up and take it to the garbage.
6 comments:
ok the pine cone thing is super cute! So is the scowling. You are lucky. My youngest two were born scowling. So much cuteness makes me so happy that you guys finally get to have this.
It is fun when they start to express their dislikes. I always had a hard time staying serious with it though and usually end up laughing. Sounds like you are on the right track for potty training. Lane is wearing underwear during the day and pullups at naptime and bedtime. He still wakes up wet from sleeping, so I guess you have that on your side for Penny. Pullups don't really work and I have found going straight to undies is better for Lane. He still has some accidents and we haven't left the house without a pullup on, but we are almost there.
oh my heck, she is so big!!! it kinda makes me sad to see her growing up so fast. i can't believe she is already going to the bathroom like a big girl, that's great though! i sure wish we could see you guys more often. if wishes were fishes i guess. but her scowl is very cute. like janeil said its hard not to laugh. can't wait to see you guys in april!
I am the same Austen heroine as you, I figured I would be before taking the test. Well hope all is well.
oh i have a belly all right. it just appeared like last week and never went away. i feel like i'm too big now. oh well. we find out tomorrow. i'll post something or call you guys.
hey about the shower. my sister-in-law just talked to me about that last night and asked me when would be a good day for her to plan one. if you want me to have her plan it when you guys will be here i'm sure that would work fine. then you guys wouldn't have to do the work you could just come. she said she would do it in the salt lake area to make it easier for my family. let me know what you think.
Post a Comment